The Alciston and Selmeston Village Hall has been well maintained since its last major refurbishment that ensured it is designed to function as a multipurpose building accessible to all. It has comprehensive alcohol and entertainment licences covering its use 7 days a week. There is full access to the hall and excellent facilities for the disabled.
- The main body of the hall measures 11.3 metres x 11.8 wide. There is a raised stage at one end with curtains and stage lighting.
- The main hall is both aesthetically pleasing and a blank canvas on which to decorate. It features vertical dark wood beams, a vaulted ceiling with wooden and steel rafters ideal to hang decorations from.
- Ceiling and side windows make the hall light and airy.
- As night falls there is a choice of lighting to help create the appropriate ambience – Main lights that dim, side lights on front of the pillars and additional up lights behind the pillars. There are also plenty of plugs to enable you to use fairy lights around the hall too!
- There are sufficient tables and chairs to seat 100 guests for a meal (or say 70 if you required a dance area) and well over 150 for a dance.
- There is a hatch in the corner of the hall providing access to the bar area. The self contained bar is well laid out and comes complete with glass washer, drinks cooler, optics and a sink with hot and cold water, wine glasses, beer glasses, hi-ball glasses and water jugs.
- Our spacious kitchen is extremely well equipped with dishwasher, two sinks with hot and cold water, one hand wash sink, warmer cupboard for plates, 6 ring electric cooker and double oven; additional grill/oven with 3 shelves, small fridge, one large and one medium urn for making tea and coffee, one soup kettle, one four slot toaster, microwave oven, cutlery and range of crockery and glassware.
- The large and modernised stage has smart curtaining on pulleys for easy opening/closing and stage lights with stair access both sides. An electric keyboard and small PA system are available if required.
- Our Home Team changing room also doubles up as a committee room that seats up to 16 and is ideal for meetings, staging area or children’s playroom.
- The hall has full shower and changing facilities in both the ladies and gents toilets as well as a baby changing/disabled toilet and shower facilities.
- A new efficient air to air heating system in operates in the entrance hall, main hall and kitchen, so you will be warm in winter and cool in summer!
Please visit our Pinterest page for some more photos and ideas.
Please contact us for further details.
Please note: Pans, cooking utensils, table cloths and tea towels are to be provided by hirer and use of the cricket field would have to be negotiated with the Selmeston and Alciston Cricket Club.